Welcome to the UW Oshkosh fall 2017 freshman class!
We look forward to seeing you at Advisement and Registration in August. Please click below and read through the following information for more details about the day.
Confirmation Information (includes times, location and schedules)
Location: Reeve Memorial Union, 1st floor
End Time: Approximately 4:30 p.m. followed by an optional campus tour
At Advisement and Registration, you will:
- Meet individually with an academic adviser.
- Receive the results of your placement tests.
- Schedule your fall 2017 classes.
- Have your picture taken for your TitanCard (student ID card). You must bring proper photo identification. (Please see “What will I need to bring?” section for additional information.)
- Participate in orientation sessions.
Parents and other family members are encourage to attend, as there are sessions designed specifically for them.
Additional helpful links:
What Will I Need to Bring?
What Will I Need to Bring?
- Photo identification. You cannot receive your TitanCard if you do not show an acceptable form of identification. Acceptable forms include:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID
- State ID card (Information on how to obtain a Wisconsin state ID card can be found here.)
- A light sweater, sweatshirt or jacket. The climate in meeting rooms can be cool. (Recommended)
- A pen or pencil.
- Money for parent or guest lunch tickets. (See “lunch” section for additional details.)
Directions, Parking and Lodging
Directions, Parking and Lodging Information
- Take Interstate 41 to Exit 117 (9th Avenue) in Oshkosh.
- Head east on 9th Avenue about 1.5 miles and turn left onto Ohio Street.
- Continue on Ohio Street over the bridge; the road name changes to Wisconsin Street.
- Turn left on Algoma Boulevard and follow it to Lot 15, which will be on your left after you pass Blackhawk Commons (725 High Avenue for your GPS). No parking permit is necessary. Click here to view a campus map.
Lot 15 is closest to check-in at Reeve Memorial Union, but spaces are limited. If you find this lot to be full, continue with the directions below to alternate parking lots. Please include a few extra minutes of travel time.
Alternate Parking Lots:
- Continue north on Algoma Boulevard.
- Take the first left onto Woodland Avenue and another left onto High Avenue.
- Follow High Avenue to Lot 13, which will be on your right after you pass Kolf Sports Center (785 High Avenue for your GPS). You can also continue on High Avenue and park on the first level of the High Avenue parking structure. No parking permit is necessary
Important Parking and Travel Notes:
- Visit http://www.511wi.gov/Web for information on Interstate 41 and other roads along your way.
- Do not park in metered or restricted spaces. Overnight parking in on-campus lots is prohibited.
- No parking permit is necessary. You do not need to plug the meters or pay for parking on your Advisement and Registration day.
Looking to stay in Oshkosh? Hotel information can be found here.
Affordable residence hall-style lodging is also available right on campus! Rooms are just $40 per night. Staying at the Gruenhagen Conference Center includes access to our computer resource center, complimentary coffee service from 7 – 9 a.m., an on-site laundry room, on-site recreational room and shared bathroom facilities. Visit the Gruenhagen Conference Center website for more information.
It is highly recommended to complete placement tests prior to your Advisement & Registration day. You will not be allowed to schedule English and math classes without test results. For more details about placement testing, please click here.
Parent and guest meal tickets can be purchased at a check-in table for $6.25 per ticket (cash or check accepted; exact change is appreciated). There is no student lunch fee at this time. The student lunch is covered through the orientation fee, which will appear on the fall semester billing statement in late August. This fee covers materials for the program and cost of additional fall orientation activities.
If you have questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of the following Admissions staff members:
- Nicole Jackson (email@example.com; 920-424-3079)
- Jennifer Werner (firstname.lastname@example.org; 920-424-0309)
UW Oshkosh Admissions
800 Algoma Boulevard
135 Dempsey Hall
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.