Spring 2018 Admitted Freshmen
We look forward to seeing you at your registration day. Please click below and read through the following information for more details.
Confirmation Information (including times and location)
Location: Student Success Center, Suite 202 – Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (740 Elmwood Avenue)
Start Time: 8:00 am (please check in no later than 7:55 am). Registration will take approximately 2 1/2 hours.
At your registration day, you will:
- Attend a brief orientation session
- Learn how to register for classes using Titan Web
- Meet with your Academic Advisor where you will be given your academic advising worksheet
- Register for spring 2018 classes
- Receive your Titan Card
What Will I Need to Bring?
- Photo identification. You cannot receive your TitanCard if you do not show an acceptable form of identification. Acceptable forms include:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID
- State ID card (information on how to obtain a ID card can be found here)
Directions and Parking
***A campus map can be found here.***
- Take Interstate 41 to exit 119 (Wis 21/Omro Rd) in Oshkosh.
- At the roundabout, follow Oshkosh Avenue east.
- Continue on Oshkosh Avenue over the river.
- Once over the river, the road will become Congress Avenue. Continue on Congress Avenue for about half a mile.
- Turn right on Elmwood Avenue.
- Continue down Elmwood Avenue for just over a half a mile. Lot #34 will be on your left.
Please be sure to display your parking permit. Your registration day will begin in the Student Success Center located at 750 Elmwood Avenue.
After we process your $100 tuition deposit you will receive a confirmation letter for the day. This letter will also include a parking permit for your registration day. Please read the entire permit for instructions and restrictions. Be sure to place the parking permit in your car window as directed.
As a new freshman for Spring 2018, you are required to complete a placement test in math and English. It is highly recommended to complete your placement tests prior to your registration day. You will not be able to schedule math or English classes without test results.
- Your placement test scores will be used to place you in appropriate level college courses.
- You are required to take the English and math placement tests unless you have completed a transferable college English composition course and/or math course. Review transferable credits at www.wisconsin.edu/transfer using the Credit Transfer Wizard listed under Transfer Tools.
- You may also be exempt if you have completed an AP, CAPP or IB course and received an appropriate score or grade. To find out if you are exempt, please contact Nicole Jackson at 920-424-3079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The placement test results will be shared with you on your registration day. Students will not receive their scores in advance.
- If you are unable to complete placement tests prior to your registration day, you can still attend the day. You will register for fall courses outside of math and English. These subjects can be added after test results become available.
- On your test day, you will be required to show a high school ID or government-issued photo identification document, such as a driver’s license, state-issued ID, military ID or passport. Information on how to obtain a Wisconsin ID card can be found here.
- Foreign language placement testing in Spanish, French or German are optional.
Placement Testing Options
OPTION 1: Take placement tests at UW Oshkosh during normal Testing Services hours.
- Testing at UW Oshkosh during a week day will allow you to test up to 1 day prior to your registration day.
- Click here for more details.
OPTION 2: Contact a testing site near you to ask if they will administer a residual placement test. Please note that not all sites will do this. Please click here for individual testing site contact information.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns that you did not find answers to on the website, please email email@example.com or contact one of the following admissions staff members:
- Nicole Jackson, (920) 424-3079
- Jennifer Werner, (920) 424-0309
UW Oshkosh Admissions
800 Algoma Boulevard
135 Dempsey Hall
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.