Major in Public Relations through the Department of Journalism
Enter the rapidly growing field of communications with a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations from UW Oshkosh.
• Public Relations majors through the journalism department are prepared to work in a broad range of businesses and organizations.
• Students learn how to communicate, persuade, research and forecast, all while adhering to public relations best practices.
• Job prospects in public relations are expected to grow through at least 2020, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Between 2010 and 2020 PR managers and specialists are expected to see 21 percent job growth.
• New media and social media are an integral part of the curriculum, ensuring graduates have the knowledge they need to lead an organization’s PR efforts.
• The program focuses on internal, external and corporate communications.
To find out how you can prepare yourself to become an integral part of an organization’s communications team, visit uwosh.edu/journalism/major/public-relations