Placement Testing Information
- Your placement test scores will be used to place you in appropriate level college courses.
- You are required to take the English and math placement tests unless you have completed a transferable college English composition course and/or math course. Review transferable credits at www.wisconsin.edu/transfer using the “Credit Transfer Wizard”
- Foreign language placement testing is optional. Please review the section below that discusses foreign language placement testing for further information.
- On your test day, students will be required to show a high school ID or a government issued photo identification document, such as a driver’s license, state-issued ID or passport. Information on how to obtain a Wisconsin ID card can be found here.
- Sample placement test questions can be found here.
- If you need special accommodations for taking your placement tests, please contact our Testing Services Office at (920) 424-1432.
Register for Placement Tests Online
Please make every effort to complete your placement testing before your registration day. You may not take placement tests on your registration day. If you are unable to complete them, you may still attend; however, you will not be able to register for your math or English (foreign language optional) courses. Your adviser will work with you at Odyssey on a strategy for adding those courses at a later time when your scores become available.
- Take placement tests at UW Oshkosh during normal Testing Services hours. Please click here for details.
- $30-40 total ($25 placed on fall tuition bill)
- Additional $5 per test collected at the time of test
- Contact a testing site near you to ask if they will administer a residual placement test. Please note that not all sites will do this.
- Please click here for individual testing site confirmation information.
- Cost will vary
- $25 placed on fall tuition bill
- Additional fees are determined by individual sites.
Foreign Language Placement Testing (Optional)
To take the foreign language placement test in French, German or Spanish, you must have two or more years’ experience in the language in which you wish to test.
There is a possibility to earn retroactive credits by taking the UW Oshkosh foreign language course you test into and earning a grade of “B” or better in that course. Retroactive credit for foreign language is a topic that will be explained further to you on your Odyssey day.